Mother, 78, and son, 46, develop deadly meningitis after eating raw centipedes: Pair caught rat lungworm in the first reported case

A mother and son developed life-threatening meningitis after eating raw centipedes.

A 78-year-old woman and her 46-year-old son, from Guangzhou, China, both suffered crippling headaches and stiff necks after munching on the worm-like creature.

The centipedes, which are often used dried or crushed in traditional Chinese medicine, contained a parasite called rat lungworm, which can enter the brain and cause inflammation.

Read more of the original article from DailyMail